The never ending journey

Leave a Comment

Hi all, so here I am. Ready for the departure to Botswana for 4 weeks as part of the Social Sabbatical program of SAP. That's a unique opportunity offered by SAP to go in a foreign country to work with an NGO and help them to improve their processes and to make a difference in a place that has nothing to do with the day to day routine. An amazing experience to step out of my comfort zone and yes, also to show that Hybris is fully integrated with SAP and that anybody has a chance to be part of this program. But before thinking about the mission and what it is going to be, the first step is to get there. What a journey to go there!! For me, it has been a 23h trip from Montreal to Gaborone, the capital. 2 transits, one in Paris and the second one in Nairobi. But even before that, let me give you an advice for your future trips. Check the date on the eticket which has been sent to you. Indeed, I booked my flight for Thursday and without asking me, the company decided to postpone my departure by one day to friday. Of course, no explicit communication about it so I was at the airport, ready to go when I have been noticed that I was leaving the day after. I was blaming myself at first because I though I did a very stupid mistake but after checking, turned out that the company did that by herself. And Looking at it more carefully, they also change the date of my return flight. The worst is that they told me that they did so for my own good to give me one extra day in Botswana. Of course, that didn't work for me as I am planning to fly from France to Italy afterward. Funny fact, they cannot change my dates to the one that I originally picked. Officially because the problematic flight is provided by a different company. Anyway, I had to buy another flight for the way back and will now go through Ethiopia. The other ticket will probably be lost. Just like my luggage which didn't make it through neither. It is the worst flight experience that I had in my life for sure. By now, I am still waiting for my luggage. Let's crosse fingers it will arrive soon. I found people really helpful over here. If they here about your problem, they are looking for a solution and connections are essentials in Botswana. I got lucky to met Mazwi at the airport who happened to be the manager of the Hotel we are staying, he offered to help as well as Zoe from Business Botswana (the NGO I am working with) to find out where is my luggage. They both know somebody working at the company that I used to arrive here. Know, I am looking for the result. Wait and see. The swimming suit is in the luggage and I cannot enjoy the pool yet. That's a shame with the 35 degrees that we are having here ;-)



Next PostNewer Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment