Generosity

1 comment

Back to my very first post, I was saying that I met Mazwi at the airport of Gaborone who happened to be also the manager of the hotel where I am staying. Destiny put him on my way I guess because he is also a member of Business Botswana which is the organization I am working for. So we kept in touch together and as part of the mission we have with business Botswana, we were looking for members to interview. It was just to look for the image of the organization from the members point of view. So we planned a meeting between us to do so. Mazwi was a formidable source of information, giving us a very clear picture of the stakes in place in Botswana regarding the industry he is involved into. We were gathering all these valuable information for us around a drink and my plan was to invite him to thanks him for everything he did to me.

But again, I was surprised by his generosity. He was actually telling me that he was expecting the all group to join us and not only my team. He actually seated up 2 tables for us and ordered the dinner for all of us. The confusion about the number of people was actually funny and he asked to have the dinner with everybody next time. We were talking about ginger beer and he offered to get some specially for us to try this speciality from Botswana because they don't offer it in the hotel. He also offered to pay for my laundry while I was waiting for my luggage. He introduced me to Thapelo who gave us a lot of tips about South Africa and Madikwe where we will go this week-end. Anyway, I am extremely grateful to him and his staff. I always had doubts about my networking skills but sometimes, you just meet some people which are making you confident and which are willing to help without any counter part. This guy is clearly an example that more people should follow. From my side, I will remember him and I will do my best to get closer to his formidable generosity.



Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment:

  1. Still waiting for this dinner! You have an amazing business to help!

    ReplyDelete